Redlands Ready2Work Project is designed to provide disadvantaged youth in the Redlands Shire with the resources, opportunities and support necessary to gain a rewarding career. Made possible by Westpac, this two week program has an end goal of youth aged between 17 and 24 achieving employment, an apprenticeship or a traineeships.
Youth unemployment in Queensland, and Australia is high. In 2015, the unemployment rate was 10.4% east of Brisbane and this has risen to 13.1% in January of 2016. The program will incorporate guests’ speakers, excursions and incursions, presentations, and course material, as well as self-reflection, assessment and feedback.
Interested in Participating?
Call us 1300 096 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible you must be:
• between the ages of 17 and 24
• currently unemployed
• looking to continue on to an apprenticeship or traineeship.
• an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
You must also be able to demonstrate one of the following criteria:
• Financial hardship (eg. a Health Care Card)
• A disability as defined in Equal Opportunity Act
• Indigenous/Torres Strait Islander
• From a non-English speaking background
• From a rural/remote area and relocated