William Buckland Foundation
APpeTitE’s goal is to recruit sixty young people each year, for four years, located in these suburbs and support their transition into a meaningful career.
– In Year 1; 60 participants will be recruited from Corio and its environs. Corio has unemployment in excess of 16.9%
– In Year 2; 60 participants will be recruited from the Doveton and Dandenong area.
– The closure of Doveton’s three big factories: General Motors Holden, International Harvester and Heinz has significantly impacted opportunities for
– In Year 3; 60 participants will be recruited from the Hume City Council area. Hume City includes the
suburbs of Broadmeadows, Campbellfield and Coolaroo.
– In Year 4 This final program of 60 participants will be drawn from across the areas targeted in Years
1 to 3. This will enable participants who did not gain a place previously still looking for employment to
participate, as well as provide an opportunity for those who have become unemployed since the previous programs.
Participants will develop aspiration for employment through exposure to positive role
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS for Outcome 1
1. Motivation to seek employment and positive attitude toward work measured by pre and post training and placement evaluations.
2. Understanding of potential career pathways, the future of work, measured by pre and post training evaluation
3. Demonstrated positive relationship between trainers, mentors and participant measured by both
mentor and participant feedback.
At the end of the program participants will have developed sufficient employability skills to be attractive to
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS for Outcome 2
1. Measured awareness of employability skills required for job readiness.
2. Demonstration of employability skills during training and work placements as reported by Mentors and
At the end of the program participants will possess a basic understanding of Career Management Skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS for Outcome 3
1. Ability to search for employment, apply for jobs and effectively present themselves to employers as
assessed by Mentors and Employers
2. Participants will demonstrate an understanding between the link between education, training and work
measured by pre and post training survey.
4. Participants will have planned realistic career goals and understand apprenticeships and traineeship